Tentative Dates: April 6-May 31, 2018
Kathmandu - Kathmandu
April 6: Arrive in Kathmandu, pick up at Airport and transfer to your hotel, followed by an introductory dinner.
April 7: Kathmandu city tour and orientation.
April 8-21: Trek to Everest Basecamp
April 21-23: Rest days in base camp, meanwhile Sherpa team will perform the prayer rituals (Puja) before they begin the journey up from Basecamp.
April 24-25: Setup camp I. Climbers will review ice climbing & ladder crossing techniques for traversing the icefall route.
April 26: Rest day in Basecamp (BC) – Hike to Pumori side and back to BC
April 27: Walk to Lobuche 4910m.
April 28: Hike to Lobuche high camp 5800m
April 29: Summit climb of lobuche peak 6119m. Start summit climb early morning and get back to high camp at mid-day - walk to Lobuche
April 30: Lobuche to Everest Basecamp (EBC)
May 1: Rest day – get ready to move Camp I
May 2: Leave Basecamp in early morning to move to Camp I - 6000m.
May 3: Move to Camp II 6400m overnight in Camp II
May 4: Stay in camp II - 6400m
May 5: Hike back down to Everest Basecamp.
May 6-8: Rest days In EBC- Hike to Kalapather
May 9-10: Second attempt to Camp II or potentially further on to Camp III
May 11: Try to go as far as Camp III 7200m- sleep with oxygen
May 12: Back to Camp II
May 13: Back to EBC
May 14-28: SUMMIT WINDOW
May 29: Celebrate, Re-pack equipment and prepare to leave Basecamp
May 30: Heli flight from Everest Basecamp. Celebratory group dinner upon arrival in Kathmandu.
May 31: Transfer to Airport for travel home.
- Welcome dinner
- Kathmandu-Lukla- Kathmandu airfare.
- Mt. Everest summit climb Permit
- All meal during the expedition in EBC & Camp II. Basic high altitude foods
- Kitchen & camping gear in BC and higher camps. [Heater & solar system to charge the camera gear.]
- 8 bottles oxygen for with 3 pairs of masks & regulators
- 5 bottles oxygen for your Sherpas, 4 sets of masks & regulator
- 50kg of personal baggage to be transported up the mountain.
- Icefall fee, HRA medical fees & Camp II to summit fix line fees
Cost Does Not Include- Lunches- International round trip airfare USA-Nepal